Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Tiny 2 and IR, gyro settings

From: Pascal Brisset
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Tiny 2 and IR, gyro settings
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 13:50:48 +0100

Stephen L Hulme wrote:
Dear Pascal The photo: - http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki_images/Tiny_v2_1_Funjet.jpg you refer to below raises more questions than it answers below. The sensors on the back plate look unrecognizable to those detailed and explained in the wiki other than the dual axis sensor mounted on top. I would love to have an expananation of the details of the two minature PCB's mounted on the vertical plane of the back plate.
On the vertical plane are glued a gyro and ... the USB plug.

And even more fascinating: - what is the function of the two drilled holes in
the polystyrene module glued into the back cowling?
Two air inputs for a chemical sensor ... They are not required on all aircraft :-)

--Pascal

Those of us with watchful wives overlooking our expenditure have to know these things before we have to double up on the expenditure with failed attempts of mediocrity. Regards Stephen L Hulme Pascal Wrote: Hi Uttam,

Uttam Chandrashekhar wrote:

    Hi Pascal,

    Thanks you! I didn't know the wiki was updated, I should have
    looked before asking. Sorry! It's mostly all clear now, only one
question. What does horizontal sensor tilted/aligned mean? "Aligned" means that the axis (ir1, ir2) of the horizontal sensor correspond to the axis of the aircraft (lateral, longitudinal). It is the way it is mounted on our twinjet: http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki_images/Ricou.jpg "Tilted" means that the axis of the sensor are 45° from the axis of the aircraft. For example on our Funjet (and most of the Paparazzi aircraft): http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki_images/Tiny_v2_1_Funjet.jpg.

    What is the optimal position to place the horizontal and vertical
sensors? As close as possible to the board to reduce the noise from the wires. But usually strong geometrical and mechanical constraints come from the airframe. If you design your own airframe, you have to think about it as soon as possible.

--Pascal

    Regarding the telemetry. I will first try using the serial
    protocol and a direct cable connection ( Computer USB->Serial on
    Tiny??? )? I have the maxstream modems too.
    computacenter
    -Uttam