Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Installation on a non Debian based distribution?

From: Pascal Brisset
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Installation on a non Debian based distribution?
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 13:16:00 +0100

Hi,

some informations are available on the wiki: http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/index.php/Installation#Manual_Installation_of_Individual_Packages

The required tools/libraries to compile the Paparazzi source code are listed in the dependencies of the paparazzi-dev package (http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/paparazzi/paparazzi3/debian/control.etch?revision=1.16&view=markup) :

ivy-c-dev, ivy-c, ivy-ocaml, libxml-light-ocaml-dev, liblablgtk2-ocaml-dev,
make, gcc, boa, gnuplot, libgnomecanvas2-dev, bzip2, cvs,
liblablgtk2-gnome-ocaml-dev, libcamlimages-ocaml-dev, libusb-dev,
speech-dispatcher, glade, gedit, imagemagick, libpcre3-dev

--Pascal

Ørjan Pettersen wrote:
What is needed to be done when installing Paparazzi on a non Debian based system? I guess it is not enough just to download the cvs source code.

Do I have to install paparazzi-dev and paparazzi-arm7 first? What does these files contain? I tried to list the content of these files, and the only thing I found was a changelog.debian.gz file.

Or, do I install the following instead of -dev and -arm7?

ocaml
ocaml-camlimages
ocaml-lablgtk
ocaml-xml-light
boa
libgnomecanvas
libusb
pcre
arm-gp2x-linux-gcc
arm-gp2x-linux-binutils
glade2
ivy-c
ivy-c-dev
ivy-ocaml
lpc21isp
and gcc, make, cvs, gnuplot, imagemagik...

Do I now get the cvs source code and install it?

Is something missing?

Orjanp -.-