Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Installation on a non Debian based distribution?

From: Ørjan Pettersen
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Installation on a non Debian based distribution?
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 17:14:58 +0100

Gautier:
My distribution does not use .rpm or .deb packages. I was planning om creating packages for my distribution, witch is ArchLinux.

Pascal:
I have seen the wiki and the dependencies. But I wanted to be absolutely sure that I did not need to install paparazzi-dev and paparazzi-arm7. So then I go ahead and install all the dependencies, and do not care about the dev and arm7 packages, since all they do is install the dependencies, and nothing else.

And stop laughing, on my 'non Debian' behalf. :)

Oerjan Pettersen

Gautier Hattenberger wrote:
Hi,

If you are using a system with RPM packaging, almost all the libraries are available, exept ivy-* and lpc21isp. If you convert them from .deb to .rpm, you have to move some files by hand for ivy-ocaml, since default path for fedora and debian are different.

Gautier

Pascal Brisset a écrit :
 Hi,

some informations are available on the wiki: http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/index.php/Installation#Manual_Installation_of_Individual_Packages

The required tools/libraries to compile the Paparazzi source code are listed in the dependencies of the paparazzi-dev package (http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/paparazzi/paparazzi3/debian/control.etch?revision=1.16&view=markup) :

ivy-c-dev, ivy-c, ivy-ocaml, libxml-light-ocaml-dev, liblablgtk2-ocaml-dev, make, gcc, boa, gnuplot, libgnomecanvas2-dev, bzip2, cvs, liblablgtk2-gnome-ocaml-dev, libcamlimages-ocaml-dev, libusb-dev, speech-dispatcher, glade, gedit, imagemagick, libpcre3-dev

--Pascal

Ørjan Pettersen wrote:
What is needed to be done when installing Paparazzi on a non Debian based system? I guess it is not enough just to download the cvs source code.

Do I have to install paparazzi-dev and paparazzi-arm7 first? What does these files contain? I tried to list the content of these files, and the only thing I found was a changelog.debian.gz file.

Or, do I install the following instead of -dev and -arm7?

ocaml
ocaml-camlimages
ocaml-lablgtk
ocaml-xml-light
boa
libgnomecanvas
libusb
pcre
arm-gp2x-linux-gcc
arm-gp2x-linux-binutils
glade2
ivy-c
ivy-c-dev
ivy-ocaml
lpc21isp
and gcc, make, cvs, gnuplot, imagemagik...

Do I now get the cvs source code and install it?

Is something missing?

Orjanp -.-