Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Installation on a non Debian based distribution?

From: Pascal Brisset
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Installation on a non Debian based distribution?
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 20:14:44 +0100

Hi Brad,
Most of the packages available are out of date.
Could you elaborate on this ?
  I'm using FC8 and I
found it much easier to compile everything myself.  There was a bit of
trial and error as the wiki isn't entirely instructive.  I probably
should have documented it to update the wiki, but hindsight 20/20...

I must admit that it was a PITA and I was literally laughed at on IRC
for *gasp* not using Debian or derivative, which I found a bit annoying.
There is nothing to laugh at.
Your contribution to the project is welcome. You could write a configure script (using autoconf) for non-Debian users for example.

--Pascal