[Paparazzi-devel] alternative hardware compatible with paparazzi

From: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Heinrich Warmers
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] alternative hardware compatible with paparazzi
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 12:39:13 +0100

dear developers,

since we had first problems to solder parts like the LPC2148 we made a solution  to construct the paparazzi flight hardware

with the ollimex LPC2148 ad on pcb. This pcb is easy to buy costs in Germany 39 euros  has usb and jtag
 interface. (http://www.olimex.com/dev/index.html)

The disadvantage of this board that is make larger electric magnetic noise  and is
lager and has more mass in comparison to the tinys. But it is a good solution to constuct and test prototypes:

http://www.isms.hs-bremen.de/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=elem:projekte:projekt19:pcb:intro

We will upload the eagle files next time in the paparazzi in progress hardware folder.
The diploma thesis is available but only in German.

To construct the complete flight hardware with this soulution you need a ublox GPS.
Therefore you can use  a cheap and small gps pcb. It cost 61,50 Euros and has a 20mm antenna.
Perhaps a solution for all paparazzi systems without GPS on the pcb ?.
LEA-4h-0-00  i , Conrad Bestell-Nr. 989777.
http://forum.mikrokopter.de/topic-2635.html

For the 35Mhz band there is a good quality receiver available with a sum impulse  output.
If you arks ACT the manufactures of this receiver you can get receivers to other bands
like the 40Mhz band. http://mikrokopter.de/ucwiki/DSL4top

 A link to change a lot of receivers  is:
http://mikrokopter.de/ucwiki/RC-Empf%C3%A4nger

 regards

Heinrich Warmers