Re: [Paparazzi-devel] compiling Ivy

From: Pascal Brisset
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] compiling Ivy
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 10:21:22 +0100

Hi,

the paparazzi-base-package requires an ocaml-ivy-package
True, named ivy-ocaml
that requires an ocaml-nox that is too old.
Three versions of ivy-ocaml are provided:
- For the old stable distribution , sarge: ivy-ocaml_1.1-1_i386.deb compiled for OCaml 3.08
 - For the stable, etch:  ivy-ocaml_1.1-2_i386.deb compiled for OCaml 3.09
 - For the unstable, sid:  ivy-ocaml_1.1-5_i386.deb compiled for OCaml 3.10
You have to choose the right source for the packages, according to the distribution you are using: - Debian sarge (old stable, probably old versions of Ubuntu): deb http://paparazzi.enac.fr/debian sarge main - Debian etch (stable), Ubuntu 7.04, Ubuntun 7.10: deb http://paparazzi.enac.fr/debian etch main
- Debian sid (unstable) : deb http://paparazzi.enac.fr/debian sid main

I highly recommend to use the Debian stable or the last Ubuntu distribution. The sarge version seems to work (I've just installed one and successfully compiled Paparazzi with it) but is no longer supported.

--Pascal

I just resolved the dependencies by using the ocaml 3.8 -packages
of sid=oldstable.
I listed all the packages I required that are not in the current debian here: http://www.ccc-fr.de/index.php/Dronenbau#Linkshttp://www.ccc-fr.de/index.php/Dronenbau#Links
If we could add them to the paparazzi-repository, then the
dependency-resolution should work again.

PS:
I noticed that one of the old packages was only avaliable for i386.
All the others are there for all architectures.

Marcus