Re: [Paparazzi-devel] =?ISO-8859-1?Q? Paparazzi Video Came?= ras

From: martin
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] =?ISO-8859-1?Q? Paparazzi Video Came?= ras
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 01:40:03 +0100 (CET)

Hi Stephen,

> Could you please consider posting the pan/tilt servo hardware
configuration
> and it's placement in the aircraft? For instance is it possible to
place a CMOS
> camera and servos in a Funjet using a Tiny v2 board?

for the Twinstar 1 we put the camera + servos on a small wooden board at
the front of the aircraft:
http://pfump.org/cam_xy.html

The Glotzer had it mounted at the cg under the fuselage/wing:
http://pfump.org/cam_hemisphere.html

The software configuration depends on the way you mount the servos, that
means the orientation of the axis as well as which servo is fixed to the
aircraft and which is moved (by the first servo). The code in the cvs
allows to automatically move (follow a waypoint) a one axis pitch or
roll camera as well as a two axis yaw-fixed-then-pitch (see above
pictures) camera.

It seems a pan/tilt mechanism was never put in a Funjet, but installing
a camera should be aircraft independent. For protecting the camera
mechanism during landing we had put some music wire under the Glotzer.

Martin