RE: [Paparazzi-devel] Using MaxStream API mode with 2.4ghz XBeePro OEM m

From: Yves Touchette
Subject: RE: [Paparazzi-devel] Using MaxStream API mode with 2.4ghz XBeePro OEM modules
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 14:44:38 -0400

David,

Assuming that your modem is still configured at 9600bps, use a terminal emulation program such as minicom, make sure it's set at the correct baud rate and on the right tty.

Then issue '+++', wait for a second, then send your init string.

You can refer to the maxstream manuel to make sure you have the correct init string.

I had a quick look and I think the init string you listed would be more appropriate for a 9Xtend module (it reduced the output power ATPL2) and it doesn't put the module in API mode (ATAP1).

-yvest

> Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 17:00:05 +0000
> From: address@hidden
> To: address@hidden
> CC:
> Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Using MaxStream API mode with 2.4ghz XBeePro OEM modules
>

> Hello,
>
> From the aircraft files, namely funjet1.xml I see XBeePro (xbee) as the modem used there. I saw lots of mention about the MaxStream product on the Wiki. So I chose to do our first aircraft using XBeePro 2.4ghz modules. I was thinking this way the first attempt will be easier as it's a well tested aircraft (FunJet) and components (Berg4L), Hitec HS55 servos, MaxStream 2.4ghz RF modem module in aircraft and MaxStream 2.4ghz USB modem on ground station. I liked it had the removable small antenna on the USB one to justify the expensive cost of it.
>
> Questions/Steps:
> Has anyone flashed the ground station Modem (XBP24-PKC-001-UA) using Linux only? I realize I need to tell that modem to use 57600bps if I am using that speed in the module. I do not use Windows (Ubuntu 7.10 and Mac OSX 10.5). So, it is PnP recognized as /dev/ttyUSB0 as expected. But now how to set the values the same as the module?
>
> I tried:
> 1. echo 'ATPL2\rATRN1\rATTT80\r\ATBD6\rATWR\r\' </dev/ttyUSB0 and saw the green light blink once quickly on the left (receive).
> 2. I did the exact steps in the Wiki for configuring the Module for API and 57600 (funjet1.xml based aircraft file, tiny2.11 autopilot)
> 3. As soon as I power up the Tiny2.11 the lights on the ground station modem light up. Three green on the right and the top left yellow is rapidly blinking and the lower left red is on. It appears they are communicating.
> 4. I launch GCS and get nothing...black screen (expected at this point) and no telemetry...not expected.
>
> I have successfully used 9600bps and everything worked. Just now nothing with 57600. Any ideas? Surely all who have changed from 9600bps to 57600 and to the API protocol have had to do this same thing.
>
> Is there anything I can send to help with the debugging I didn't list? Bootloade and programming go without any issues.
>
> Regards,
> David Conger

Sign in now! Windows Live Messenger is giving you a chance to win $1000 a day until May 12th Check out SignInAndWIN.ca today!