RE: [Paparazzi-devel] Hi

From: Yves Touchette
Subject: RE: [Paparazzi-devel] Hi
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 08:26:49 -0400

Mohammad,

The serial tunnel is installed via the bootloader, so you must install it first. You will only ever need to install it once.

To install the boot loader you dont need the USB connection on your tiny to be connected. Disconnect it to be sure it isn't causing you any problem.

Make sure it is showing up as /dev/ttyUSB0 (ls /dev/ttyUSB0 should list the file). You can also test your permissions and the FTDI cable by using a terminal emulator such as minicom, configure it to use /dev/ttyUSB0, connect the TX and RX together (you should disconnect it from you tiny to do this test) and make that whatever you in the terminal emulator comes back to you.

Connect only the FTDI cable to UART0 (connector Serial0 on tiny13 and Download connector on tiny 2).

With Tiny off, connect P0.14 to GND (P0.14 is labeled boot on the tiny2 wiki page). Power up the tiny.

Then you type:
make upload_bl PROC=GENERIC
If this still doesn't work you will need to give us as many detail as possible about your tiny, how it's connected, how you're powering your tiny, exactly how you do the procedure, etc.

-yvest