Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Recommended RC Radio Systems?

From: Ørjan Pettersen
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Recommended RC Radio Systems?
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 16:22:22 +0200

Would any of the new 2.4 GHz radios work? Seems like a wast not going for one of them when a new radio have to be purchased.

Oerjan...

Mark Bacchetti wrote:
Hello All,

I am starting to get more serious about R/C flying and I want to upgrade to a new radio system (from my 27 mhz toy radio). I am planning on flying with the Paparazzi UAV in the future and want to make sure that I purchase a radio that will work with Paparazzi.

From reading the website, the only two requirements I see is the radio needs to have a 3 position switch and a FM or PCM/PPM signal (for receiver mods). Does anyone have recommendations for a radio system that I can purchase and use in the US? I am particularly looking at the Futaba 72 mhz 6EXP. However, I am having a hard time figuring out if it has a 3 position switch.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Mark