Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Blank GCS frame!

From: Michel GORRAZ
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Blank GCS frame!
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 10:18:23 +0200

Hello guys,

Please, don't change the resistors : it's useless because you can easily compute the "coefficient" used in "tiny_2_1.h" and
it's dangerous because if you use a wrong value, you can DESTROY the ADC input !!!

In " #define VoltageOfAdc(adc) ( coeff *adc) " let :
The general formula to compute the coefficient is :

coeff = ( Vref  / ( 2^10 - 1 ) ) x (1 + R1/R2)

coeff = ( 3.3 / ( 1024 - 1 ) ) x (1 + R1/R2)

coeff = 0,0032258 x (1 + R1/R2)

For example :

Tiny 1.1 : R7 = 15k, R15 = 3.3k => coeff = 0,0178885630
Tiny 2.1 : R1 = 15k, R2 = 3.3k => coeff = 0,0178885630
Tiny 2.11 : R1 = 10k, R2 = 1.5k => coeff = 0,0247311828

But, it's an approximate value because of the dispersions of the components :
So, calculate your own board "coeff" according these two resistors values and if necessary adjust it with the GCS voltage indication and several battery voltage values (use a power supply)

@+
Michel

PS : note that R1 & R2 values where modified between Tiny 2.1 and 2.11 to minimize the amount of resistors values, so the cost...