[Paparazzi-devel] RS232 Control Lines

From: Matthew Currie
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] RS232 Control Lines
Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 10:59:41 -0700

Group,

  There was some discussion about swapping UARTs on the Tiny to allow
hardware flow control to be implemented on the XBee modems.  Is this the
direction the ground modem datalink will be going as well?  Should we
plan to implement hardware control lines on the ground modem?

  I am designing a datalink modem enclosure with a watertight enclosure,
environmental connectors, integrated ISR for 5-18V, and ~ 30 feet of
multiple conductor cable to allow me to place it up a pole, etc. I would
like to know if I can use 4 conductor cable or should plan for an extra
2 conductors.  Thanks.

Cheers,
Matthew