[Paparazzi-devel] tunnel problems with 2.1

From: TurboTas
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] tunnel problems with 2.1
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 23:23:14 +0100 (BST)

Hi all, First post to the devel list and sorry, but
it's a cry for help!

I have a 2.11 unit built up and all the testing I've
done on it is fine with one exception: I can't get the
GPS to work.

I have installed the tunnel and with this running I
get an odd result: I get data coming out of the
Download port, but the data from the tiny is on Pin 7,
not pin 6 as I expected it to be.  I've double checked
all the connections and everything appears fine. The
data coming out is UBX code so the tunnel does _seem_
to be working.  Example data is:

$GPTXT,01,01,02,u-blox ag - www.u-blox.com*50
$GPTXT,01,01,02,ANTARIS ATR062x HW 00040001*2E
$GPTXT,01,01,02,EXT CORE       5.00    Jan 09 2006
12:00:00*6F
$GPTXT,01,01,02,INT EXT0 (RCV) M4H1.1  Jan 09 2006
15:39:54*79
$GPTXT,01,01,02,LIC 1EBF-BD07-E83D-6BE1-0F7A*50

Additionally, I can't see to get data to the GPS
through the tunnel: I've tried pin 6, but this seems
to do little.  This leaves me a bit stuck as I cant
get the GPS set up.

My Paparazzi code is from the latest CVS (updated
today) and the board is a 2.11 unit.  If it's relevant
I have unplugged all the other peripherals, so I have
only the USB port and the download port connected.
I'm using the FTDI cable with just GND, TX and RX pins
in use.

Any sage advice would be greatly received.

Toby.

Sent from Yahoo! Mail.