Re: [Paparazzi-devel] =?ISO-8859-1?Q? Pull-up resistors on?= I2C

From: martin
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] =?ISO-8859-1?Q? Pull-up resistors on?= I2C
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 15:57:35 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Mario,

> Can you confirm that in the Paparazzi autopilot threre are already
pull-up
> resistors between SCL, SDA uses and 3.3 v line?

The schematics for the Tiny can be found at
http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/index.php/Tiny_v2 (R6/R7).

> My baro has a 5v supply voltage, so do you think that i can use the
I2C device
> without introducing any external  pull-up resistors?

You usually need pull-ups for I2C as it is open collector. It depends on
your baro if the  built-in 3.3V pull-ups work work for you. The LPC2148
is 5V tolerant so it should be ok to change the pull-ups to be tied to
5V.

Martin