Re: [Paparazzi-devel] IR Sensors FOV

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] IR Sensors FOV
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 00:38:29 GMT

The sensor FOV is typically around 60-100 deg, depending on brand.  Everything
emits heat, so you should try to keep the view as unobstructed as possible.
There is of course no way to mount the sensors such that they are perfectly
unobstructed and a complex set of calibration factors exist in the code to deal
with this.  Just be sure to keep any obstructions symmetrical, particularly
difficult with pitch, and try to avoid having sun-heated surfaces in the FOV -
such as the top of a wing, tail, or fuselage.

Most importantly, keep any video/data transmitters away from the sensors and
their wires.

-- Austin Jensen <address@hidden> wrote:
All,

Does anyone know what the FOV of the IR sensors are? I looked around and
couldn't find it. Do I need to worry about placing things (which don't
emit heat) in the IR sensors FOV  as long as they are not directly in
the line of sight? It seems that tuning might take care of this but I'm
not sure.

Thanks,
Austin

Austin Jensen, Research Assistant

Center for Self-Organizing and Intelligent Systems (CSOIS),
Utah State University, 4120 Old Main Hill, Logan, UT 84322-4120, USA
E: address@hidden, T: (801)633-0426