Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Unable to detect the USB device

From: C Kuo
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Unable to detect the USB device
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2008 17:43:24 +0100

Hi there

  My step is abit strange, but anyway, I let you know.

  First, I install the phlips flash software on the winxp (which you can find
the link for the software on the wiki).
  Second, from there, I use the FTDI cable to connect from winxp to tiny1.1
(note, you must install the driver for FTDI cable). once power up the board,
the click on the "read device" in the phlips flash software. If your board is
ok, then it will show the chip you have is LPC2148, if the board is not ok,
then it will tell you error.

  Third, when the board had problem, I tend to check on the power first, because
they are always the problem (especially check the 5V output from Tiny1.1).
After the power is checked, I then check the connection of each pin on the chip
by use digital meter (just check the connectivity), and extra care should be
taken when checking at the connection to the crystal.

  Forth, once everything is checked, connect back on, try to read the device
again, hopefully, it will read it. from here, you can either upload the
bootloader from winxp (provide that you have the hex file), or you can follow
all the step from the wiki to install bootloader and flash the program to it.

  Hope these will help you

P.S I use Xubuntu as O.S