[Paparazzi-devel] Hot CPU

From: mario rossi
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Hot CPU
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 16:37:42 +0200

Hi,
some days ago I was working with my Tiny 2.11, having connected the power supply, an I2C peripheral, the UART1 serial connection (with a USB-TTL adapter) and the download pins (UART0) were connected to a TTL to USB serial adapter (these pins were connected, but not used, the boot pin P0.14 was free). Everyting was working , while suddenly the communication stopped and the CPU was hot! Well, from that time the autopilot is out of order and  the UART0 TTL to USB serial adapter is damaged too. Does anyone have an idea of what could have happened?
Now I'm with my new autopilot, having connected the power supply, the UART1 connected to a modem (powered by the autopilot 3.3v and transmmiting at 200mW), and the download pins (UART0) are connected to a TTL to USB serial adapter (these pins were connected, but not used, the boot pin P0.14 was free). After about 1 minute, the transmission stop and the CPU is HOT! If I connect the UART1 with my PC with a USB-TTL adapter everyting works fine. The power required by the modem is not high an it can be provided by the autopilot, that is supplied by a 12v wall adapter with 500 mA. Does anyone have an idea of what is happening?

Thanks

Mario Rossi

Windows Live Mobile Da oggi la posta di Hotmail la controlli anche dal tuo cellulare!