RE: [Paparazzi-devel] Navigation schema ?

From: akochevar
Subject: RE: [Paparazzi-devel] Navigation schema ?
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 12:51:53 -0700

In a route(ie hmode=route) in the flightplan, the carrot is the position the airplane shoudl be in the carrot amount of seconds.  In a circle the carrot is always outside the desired radius because the carrot is at a position carrot seconds ahead of the aircraft, tangent to the circle.  The idea with this is that if the plane were to go immediately wings level it would fly to the carrot in that many seconds.  the circle function uses Coordinated turn theory to determine the prebank necessary for the radius of circle commanded.  This allows you to actually achieve the desired radius, which was impossible before.

AJ