RE: [Paparazzi-devel] Navigation schema ?

From: akochevar
Subject: RE: [Paparazzi-devel] Navigation schema ?
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 09:06:04 -0700

I dont believe I explained myself very well so I will try again.  The Carrot creates a position some "time" tangent to the desired route, with 0 time starting at the perpendicular from your current position to the route.  The affect is to give you a sort of D term on your route navigation, as the plane will follow the carrot.  Getting on the route early and following it down the route.  You could do something similar by leaving the carrot time = 0, but would lose the affective D term which would cause your course to ossilate.

AJ