[Paparazzi-devel] Turn following not matching the intended turn radius?

From: TurboTas
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Turn following not matching the intended turn radius?
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 12:03:03 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all.  I've noticed in the simulator that when a turn is commanded, such as
the oval in the example basic.xml file, the aircraft does not match the circle
drawn in the GCS, but turns outside it by around 5-10 meters.

Is this intentional behavior or am i misunderstanding how to interpret the GCS.
 Attached is a small screen shot of what I mean.

I know that I have not reached the roll limit of the airframe as commanding
other blocks may cause tighter turns.  It does seem though that all commanded
turns following a radius go wide.

Any comments would be great!

Toby.

Not happy with your email address?.
Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at
Yahoo! http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/ymail/new.html