Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Turn following not matching the intended turn radi

From: Pascal Brisset
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Turn following not matching the intended turn radius?
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 22:25:30 +0200

Hi Toby,

no, it is not intentional. Just meaning that the A/C is not tuned for the simulator (it is better to tune it for the real aircraft :-) )

--Pascal

TurboTas wrote:
Hi all. I've noticed in the simulator that when a turn is commanded, such as the oval in the example basic.xml file, the aircraft does not match the circle drawn in the GCS, but turns outside it by around 5-10 meters.
Is this intentional behavior or am i misunderstanding how to interpret the GCS.
 Attached is a small screen shot of what I mean.

I know that I have not reached the roll limit of the airframe as commanding
other blocks may cause tighter turns.  It does seem though that all commanded
turns following a radius go wide.

Any comments would be great!

Toby.

Not happy with your email address?.
Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at
Yahoo! http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/ymail/new.html