RE: [Paparazzi-devel] IMU with Tiny 2

From: akochevar
Subject: RE: [Paparazzi-devel] IMU with Tiny 2
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 07:18:08 -0700

mundhra,
Im using the Tiny 2, but the hardware doesnt matter, functionally they are the same.  I wrote my own filter(actually quite simple) to do the attitude estimation by fusing the accel and gyro data.  There is a much better example in the CVS in the sw/airborne/booz folder of a proper AHRS which uses IMU data.  Not sure why you would want to get rid of IR for a fixed wing application, but I guess if you are trying to fly indoors an IMU is probably your best bet.

AJ