[Paparazzi-devel] Another PPM decode chip to add to the list...

From: Bernard Davison
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Another PPM decode chip to add to the list...
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 23:28:22 +1000

Hi All,

I bought a cheap chinese receiver the other day in the hope that it would be usable with paparazzi. as it turns out i received the wrong frequency so it's no good in Australia anyway but took a look at the guts of it...
It's a 72 MHz TurBORIX which is sold by an eBay seller for about $AU30.

Anyway on looking up the specs for the chips in it it turns out that it's not using the BU4015 family of chip.
Instead it's using a VHC164 chip (Spec sheet:
http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view/31919/TOSHIBA/TC74VHC164F.html)

Looking at the spec sheet for the VHC164 and the BU4015 it seems to me that receivers that use the VHC164 would be just as usable with Paparazzi. Unfortunately I don't have a radio that I could test it with but I do have a receiver that I'm willing to donate to someone who can and will post the details on the wiki.

Cheers,
Bernie.