[Paparazzi-devel] how to change dlsettings?

From: Haiyang Chao
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] how to change dlsettings?
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 21:46:17 -0600

Hi, everyone.

I got some problems while trying to add my own msg in DlSetting. My dl_setting on the gcs is not updating althought the DL_VALUE msg is updating.

What I did is add mytuning.xml in /paparazzi3/conf/settings/ like:
    <dl_settings NAME="foo">
      <dl_setting MAX="1" MIN="0" STEP="1" VAR="bar"/>
    </dl_settings>
I also defined a new variable "bar" in some .c file.

Then I tried to compile in ap. The program can  be compiled and uploaded to the airplane. There is a new dl-setting "foo" in the gcs. But no dl_setting msg updating and all "N/A". I checked the /paparazzi3/var/myplane/settings.h. The new dl_setting variables I added are assigned with new values and all the dl_setting variables are transmitted from UAV to gcs since the DL_VALUE is updating.

Anybody has some clue on how to add new stuffs in dlsettings?

Thanks
Haiyang