Re: [Paparazzi-devel] R/C controller

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] R/C controller
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 18:18:36 GMT

You could also modify the code slightly to allow the use of 2 2-pos switches.
One to enable stability and the other to enable navigation.

Beware however that even with a lot of experience and a proper ergonomic
3-position switch, most of us still manage to get confused in a panic.

-- TurboTas <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi there Chen,

This issue really had me stumped for a while as My Hitec Lazer 6 two 'extra'
channels were only connected to two-position switches and were not connected to
A/D converters in the radio.

To Uses PPRZ properly (safely!) I think you really will need a 3 position
switch.

My fix was to disconnect the rudder channel inside my RC Tx and connect this to
a 3 position 2 pole switch which in turn switches in resistors to make the
three distinct values needed.  It's actually a really easy mod once you work
out what you are doing!

Just so long as you don't need the rudder channel for your other models, that
would probably work fine.  Shout if you need more details!  This way is also
much more cost effective than the Big radios with 3 position switches.

Toby.