[Paparazzi-devel] Tuning question

From: TurboTas
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Tuning question
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 12:30:23 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,

I finally got my airframe in the air at the weekend and in Manual mode she
flies very nice indeed.

Replaying the logs after the first flight, it looked like the artificial
horizon was pretty close, and certainly seems to turn in the right direction
etc.

So I had another flight and gave AUTO1 a few goes and each time the outcome was
the same.  Extreme pitch down and a roll.  I didn't have the altitude to leave
it in this state for too long, so each time flicked back to MAN and recovered.

I think the neutrals are pretty close and measuring the phi and theta from the
attitude messages look pretty close, albeit with some ground clutter.

I can't really work out what is going on.  My first thought is gyro: I have an
ADXRS 150 and although I think I have the airframe set up right, I notice in
Auto 1 and flicking the plane, the ailerons seem to respond in the opposite
direction, but this does not seem to tie in with what is in the airframe file.
Also, I note that in the Gyro Rates section of the messages I am getting a
float pitch value as well as the roll which may be confusing things: I would
have expected temp & Roll values, but not pitch.

Can anyone give me an example airframe section for an ADXRS 150 so I can
compare notes.

Maybe another PPRZ user can suggest a better diagnostic for me to work out what
is going on.  I can post/mail the airframe\log files if anyone is interested ;-)

Regards,

Toby.

Not happy with your email address?.
Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at
Yahoo! http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/ymail/new.html