[Paparazzi-devel] help to learn more about paparazzi and aircraft autopi

From: Massimo Di Stefano
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] help to learn more about paparazzi and aircraft autopilot
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 01:29:50 +0200

hi guys,

i'm new to RC aircraft
i buy a little "cesna" a mounth ago ...
to make experience and learn how to pilot an RC aircraft ..
(exiting experience .. cool!)

now it's the moment to start my project .. and please i need an help :-/

my targhet is to have an aircraft that :

- communicate from long distance (max 2km)

- tell me its position (gps) ... but with an high accuracy (maybe something like dgps or appling a kalman flter?)

- an "auto pilot" that help me to follow lines ... e.g. i design a series of parallels lines in the space (all at the same Z level)

(i have the line's nodes coordinates : line_1(start(x,y,z),end(x,y,z)) ... line_2(start(x,y,z),end(x,y,z))...line_N(start(x,y,z),end(x,y,z))
  i need that the autopilot help me to :
enter on line 1 ... follow it .. exit from line 1 turn back .. and enter in the line 2 .. and so on .. until the lines are finished

aircraft direction           ---->

line 1     O-------------------->-------------------------O

line 2     O--------------------<-------------------------O

line 3     O-------------------->-------------------------O
..
..
..
line N    O----------------------<-----------------------O

i gived a look at website .. i can see that exist a lot of hardware equipments and a lot of options
http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/index.php/Hardware
can you help me  to know "what" i need to buy   maybe a list of object ?
and again ... what do you think about my needs? is it doable ?

thanks a lot for any suggestion
apologize me for the bad english (i'm italian)
let me know if you need a better description of what i'm tring to do.

Regards,
Massimo Di stefano
(on irc : epifanio)
Chiacchiera con i tuoi amici in tempo reale! http://it.yahoo.com/mail_it/foot/*http://it.messenger.yahoo.com