Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Re: Replaying logs in Flightgear or linking to Fli

From: cory barton
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Re: Replaying logs in Flightgear or linking to Flightgear in real time.
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 10:03:24 -0400

Here is how to get flightgear going with paparazzi:

change the simulator command from: "launchsitl -a TJ1 -boot -norc"  to: "launchsitl -a TJ1 -fg 127.0.0.1 -boot -norc"

launch flightgear like so: "fgfs --fdm=null --native-gui=socket,in,30,,5501,udp"

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 8:37 PM, cory barton <address@hidden> wrote:
Antoine,

Thanks for the reply. I tried to watch the video, but mplayer didn't like it.

> the simulator can send to flightgear. Use the -fg option to specify the address of the machine runnning
> flight gear

This sounds what I want to do.

I tried this:
paparazzi sim: Run '/home/cory/paparazzi/paparazzi3/sw/simulator/launchsitl -a MJ5 -boot -norc -fg 127.0.0.1'

What I haven't been able to figure out is how to get flightgear to listen to paparazzi
I tried:
fgfs --native=socket,in,10,127.0.0.1,5501,ud
and:
fgfs --native=socket,in,10,127.0.0.1,5501,udp --fdm=external

I am guessing at the port, but when I run flightgear with this command, paparazzi doesn't complain that the connection was refused. I googled, grepped around the sw/simulator/ directory, checked the wiki, and tried the mailing lists, but no luck on finding the proper argument for flightgear.

Paparazzi runs the sim, and Flightgear just sits there. Does anybody know the proper arguments for fgfs so that this will work?

Thanks,

Cory

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 3:00 PM, <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello

> 1. What does this program do? Is it replaying log files to flight gear?

This programs subscribes to 'AHRS_STATE' messages. it converts to flight gear
FGNetGUI format and send them to it.
I used it to make this video :
http://www.recherche.enac.fr/~poine/video/ahrs2fg.mpeg

> 2. How do I use it?

launch it and have some device send AHRS_STATE messages on the bus
the makefile in sw/logalizer contains exmaple on the command line used to launch
flight gear

> 3. Is it obsolete or abandoned?

both :) ok, I'll clean

> > My goal is to replay the flight logs in flightgear, or even to drive
> > flightgear in realtime.

this is not exactly what you want but close.. the simulator can send to
flightgear. Use the -fg option to specify the address of the machine runnning
flight gear

> > Is anyone doing this already? Let me know how if anyone is doing this.

For what you want to do, you could write a little agent similar to ahrs2fg
It would subscribe to ATTITUDE and GPS messages, convert those data to
flightgear format and send to flightgear. This way, simulator, real aircrafts
and replay could be displayed in flight gear

good luck

poine