Re: [Paparazzi-devel] real time changes

From: Pascal Brisset
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] real time changes
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2008 17:03:30 +0200

Hi,

Aniket Aranake wrote:
1) I have come to understand that using tuning.xml it somehow possible to adjust gains while the plane is in the air. How do I make use of this file to do this? Do I just change parameters in the tuning.xml file and save while the plane is airborne?
The settings files (e.g. conf/settings/tuning.xml) is the list of the autopilot variable you are able to change from the ground station while the plane is airborne. It has to be edited _before_ uploading the code in the board. The GCS provides the graphical interface to show and change these values. The "Settings" agent is simpler one; it requires the -ac option:

   .../settings -ac TJ1

2) Is it possible to modify blocks in the flight plan while the plane is airborne? Specifically I'd like to change the radius at which a plane circles a waypoint in real time.
You are allowed to anything initially specified in the settings file. So if your block is

   <block name="Standby">
     <circle radius="nav_radius" wp="STDBY"/>
   </block>

and the "nav_radius" variable is listed in the settings file, then you will be able to dynamically change the radius of this circle

--Pascal

Thanks, and thanks again for all the assistance I've gotten from this list.

-Aniket