Re: [Paparazzi-devel] PPM signal constructor from servo plugs

From: Todd Sandercock
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] PPM signal constructor from servo plugs
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 20:35:08 -0700 (PDT)

How hard would it be to write the code and does anyone know what line on the
receiver needs to be tapped into?

Todd

On 14/08/2008, at 2:07 AM, "address@hidden" <address@hidden> wrote:

The Spektrum receivers use a PPM line that can be tapped for PPRZ use.  I
believe the format is a little different though so there would be a little
coding to do.  This is of little interest to most people because it can't be
used with common 2.4G video.

PCM is of questionable value - if you're going to fly manually at great
distances you should probably write some code to do it through the modem.
Click here to find the right business program for you and take your career to
the next level.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/Ioyw6i3l7gMe3U3HkXtQtrCMg8vUWR5c9i3yajRzx1VXpM2ycB4Dlz/
I was wondering if anyone had ever done any work with a ppm constructor of some
sort that plugs into the servo connectors of any receiver then constructs a ppm
signal for pprz use.. I just want to start possibly using pcm or 2.4 stuff and
without this there is no way.. Does anyone have any comments on the use of
these two bands?

Thanks
Dan