[Paparazzi-devel] Circle and surveying questions

From: Daniel Morgan
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Circle and surveying questions
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 12:27:19 -0600

So i am still trying to do a precise survey (we need to maximize amount covered) on a polygon (not a rectangle)... I had toyed with the idea of making a new survey sector function but this seems like it is going to be a huge pain in the ass (what do you think pascal (and others)?). So what i am thinking i will do is simply just do it by hand... I plan on simply doing a straight line between two way points then a half circle to line up for the next two and just repeat until finished.  Now my question is how do i make it so the aircraft will only perform a half circle. I have seen this used in some other cases but am still a bit confused. If anyone else has any good ideas on this topic i am all ears.