Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Re: Order from HALFBASE - Should we or should weno

From: Mohit Mundhra
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Re: Order from HALFBASE - Should we or should wenot?
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 11:22:52 +0530

I am still waiting for my order :( no updates from Jeff either :(

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 9:20 PM, Hillar Lago <address@hidden> wrote:

Hello All,

I have also order from Halfbase about 2 month ago. I order from Florida International University as at the time I order, this website offered the best package deal. The wiki says that all orders come with an assortment of pre-crimp cables, FTDI-chip FT232R 3.3v USB to Serial and the preprogrammed GPS. All for $290. also, been an educational institute we get 10% off, which I initially requested in an email be given to me in the form of more cables and faster shipping.

I received my incomplete order on 8/15 which included the Tiny board and some other sensors I ordered. All cables are missing, not one pre-crimp cable with my order, when I email Jeff to ask what is the problem, and to see if another shipment with all the cables was on the way this replay I got from him.

"---quote---"

Jeffrey Szeto <address@hidden>

The above "From:" address may be forged.

Save Address

Reminder

Hillar Lago <address@hidden>

Re: very dissapointed

Monday, August 18, 2008 6:16:08 PM   [View Source]

Dear Hillar,

I have replied your e-mail last week, should you have received it!

I have completed your order myself,  I have already including everything!

You have never mention about cables, so I can only assume you has them!

Also in your order I haven't find there is 1-Axis IR Sensor, pls check again!

Regards

Jeffrey Szeto

General Research & Marketing

Halfbase - Tak Lee Trading Co., HK

HK mobile:      (+852) 92773486

China mobile:   (+ 86) 15814 707 156

"---end quote----"

Now, the wiki says that all these cables are included free with every Tiny order? did I miss something?? I am posting this because he has not replay to my emails in over a week and has not answer whether or not I will get the cables. I hope you read this Jeff and make my order right.

I have wasted the entire summer waiting for this equipment and now the Fall semester started and the project will need to be postponed again...I hope I don't have to wait 2 more month for the cables.

Hillar

-------------- Original message from Jeffrey Szeto <address@hidden>: --------------