[Paparazzi-devel] Development Package vs Binary Package

From: John Koches
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Development Package vs Binary Package
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 14:56:19 -0400

Hello everyone,

I am using the Paparazzi Binary Package with Ubuntu.  This setup has worked well and is far easier for me to manage than the previous version of the Development Package and Debian.  But I have only limited experience with Linux.

I have read through the wiki page several times and I really can't see what I might be missing by using the Binary Package as long as I am not looking to change the GCS/GUI.  So my first question...what can't I do with the Binary Package.

More specifically, I am using the Tiny 2.1.  There seems to be an discrepancy between the voltage I read from my battery and the reading shown in the GCS.  I have read that I need to edit the tiny_2_1.h file and make an adjustment to the VoltageOfAdc(adc) coefficient.  Do I need the Development Package to make this kind of change or not?

Thanks for the help.

jkk