[Paparazzi-devel] Re: Tiny v2.11 always enters HOME mode

From: Ben Paratz
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Re: Tiny v2.11 always enters HOME mode
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 01:19:18 -0400

Hi,

I have been experimenting more by running the GCS and aircraft outside at home. I have set the flight plan so that there are four waypoints around the outline of my garden :) The aircraft should fly a circuit around them. However, when I power on the autopilot and look at the GCS, the indicated position of the aircraft is nowhere near my house.

I set the location of my house using google earth, and the google map tiles in the GCS confirm the correct location.

When I center the map on the aircraft and put my mouse over it, it indicates the position: -0.000015, 172.511261 which is somewhere in the ocean NE of Australia.

The park I fly at is at: -27.520945, 152.960962
I am just down the road from the park.

Can any of you explain what could be causing this wrong indication of position?

The wrong indicated position would explain why the autopilot is entering into 'HOME' mode - It thinks that it is exceeding the "Max dist from home" in the flight plan.

I bought my Tiny v2.11 as a bundle from PPZUAV, so the bootloader and tunnel were already done for me. He is located in America, so do I need to reconfigure anything for the southern hemisphere?

Thanks,
Ben