[Paparazzi-devel] Upload feature in setting page of GCS

From: John Koches
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Upload feature in setting page of GCS
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 14:39:12 -0400

I am using a Tiny 2.1 in an airframe of my own design, but I am using an Ailevon set up and started out with funjet.xml. airframe file.  I am using  Maxstream XBee Pro 2.4GHz modems on both the aircraft and ground station.  I have used the PprxTransport downlink protocol at 9600 baud rate in an attempt to make things easy.

My gps is working and I get good response from telemetry using basic.xml settings and default.xml telemetry.  I have never gotten this far before and all things considered am very excited about my first flight.  I have read through the wiki page regarding tuning, looked at the OSAMtuning page, and recently downloaded the Paparazzi User's Manual.  I have also been following the RC Groups Blog.  I have conducted a cupboard calibration of the horizontal and vertical IR sensors.  (I am not using a Gyro),  I have not been able to find any reference that explains how changes are uploaded from the GCS to the AP in flight.  This has become an issue as I have been trying to calibrate my IR sensors in Auto1.

I noticed that the units in the IR "ROLL_NEUTRAL_DEFAULT" and "PITCH_NEUTRAL DEFAULT" in the airframe file are n degrees while the GCS setting tool is in radians.  I tried changing the ground station to degrees but see in the User's Manual that this is not actually an error.  Now, I can probably get this all going without the aircraft/GCS connection, but it will probably be helpful if I can adjust some of these settings in flight as intended by the Paparazzi developers.  I am just wondering at this point what I might be doing wrong and why this upload feature isn't working for me.

Thanks in advance for your help.

jkk