[Paparazzi-devel] New to the project

From: Steve Deguirmendjian
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] New to the project
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 13:51:26 -0400

Hello All,

I wanted to send this email to introduce myself and get to know the members, I started reading about the project couple of weeks ago I think It is a great project I want to thank all the members who started this open source project and contributed to it.

About myself:

I have some experienced  in the RC planes and physics background, I currently own an .40 glow trainer with SMA copilot, I would like to convert to UAV.

·         So far I have ubuntu 8.04 running with Paparazzi Center

·         Ordered Tiny2.11_5H Assembled Tiny2.11 with LEA-5H GPS from ppzuav not programmed

·         Ordered FTDI Serial Adapter and maxstream 2.4 GHz Xbee pro modem and oem module

I know it is recommended to start with a pre-programmed board but I am very much interested in learning how to program the board from the boot loader to the GPS config and the Tunnel. Also I am worried about installing the auto pilot on a glow plane due to  the engine heat signature interference with the IR sensor. I am sure I am going to have a lot of direct questions, for now any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Steve D