[Paparazzi-devel] Navigation Gain

From: s.gadomski
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Navigation Gain
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 06:55:03 +1000 (EST)

Hi,

I have a question regarding the way Paparazzi uses GPS data to perform
navigation. When I tried auto 2 for the first time the MAV flewn wings level
without any problems, however the heading it was navigating towards was
incorrect. The autopilot was always directing the MAV to a heading 180 degrees
from the actual desired heading (so opposite direction). For example if it was
meant to go north, the autopilot sent it south.

We tried several changes to see if it would fix the problem but only one thing
worked. The default nav gain in all Paparazzi airframes seems to always be
negative. When we changed this to positive the Mav performed waypoint nav
perfectly. We are in Australia but all default paparazzi files were for
airframes flying in the northern hemishpere. Is it correct to say that because
we are in the southern hemishpere the nav gain needs to be inverted to
positive? Is this due to the way paparazzi reads GPS data?

Thankyou,

Sebastian