[Paparazzi-devel] real time telemetry questions

From: Haiyang Chao
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] real time telemetry questions
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 15:22:59 -0700

Hi, everyone.

Just get into a problem about telemetry while trying to increase the telemetry speed.

So two questions:

(1) Anybody knows what exactly the timer in pprz log means? It is the time the gcs computer receive the pprz msg or the time the msg is transmitted from the pprz onboard processor?
I think it is the former one.
For example:
154.629 166 GPS_SOL 591 202441 0 7 I just don't know what exactly is the timer 154.629. (I replaced the SACC with my value.)

(2) Is it possible that we get another kind of more accurate timer instead of the default timer in pprz msg? We have an IMU onboard sending data to pprz board. but I found out that the log on IMU and pprz telemetry on gcs are not the exactly same. It has a random delay varing between 0-0.5second. Any body know why?

We are using a maxtream 9xtend OEM module. Both the ground modem and onboard modem are set in 57600 baud rate. We increased the ATTITUDE msg to 20 hz. I made a plot about the time difference between two loggers in the attachment.

I know the booz telemetry use telemetry pretty fast, any similar experience with the real time data loggging?

Regards
Haiyang Chao