[Paparazzi-devel] Video Stabilized Gymbal

From: Rui Costa
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Video Stabilized Gymbal
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 14:46:42 -0100

Hi,

I'm from Portugal and I'm designing the AZOREAN-UAV. I will use the paparazzi board.
I'm designing too a video gymbal like this one:

http://www.micropilot.com/products-cameras.htm

It will have a CCD camera with 25x zoom. I will need a very stable platform for that.

I think I can use two Sparkfun rate sensors, like this one:

Gyro Breakout Board - ADXRS150 - 150 degree/sec
http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=396

I saw a code in the cvs.

Can I stabilize the video platform with that gyros? It's easy?

Can anyone help me doing that? I can pay the work. Please make a quote.

The rate sensor will be located inside the Aircraft or in the video platform?

Best regards
Rui Costa