RE: [Paparazzi-devel] Flying Paparazzi near water

From: mark.griffin
Subject: RE: [Paparazzi-devel] Flying Paparazzi near water
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 09:11:44 +0100

There should be no problem with the Paparazzi thermal horizon detection
system whilst flying over water (provided there is no fog or cloud).
As the temperature of the water (above 0 deg.C) is above that of the sky
(typical zenith temperature is about -15 deg.C), there should be
sufficient temperature difference.
Note that Paparazzi has been successfully flown in the arctic.