RE: [Paparazzi-devel] Flying Paparazzi near water

From: akochevar
Subject: RE: [Paparazzi-devel] Flying Paparazzi near water
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 15:24:41 -0700

All,
Antoine is right.  Jeremy and Aron(I was actually drinking wine with Antoine at the time) did a demo on the east coast of the US.  They flew up and down the coast, and then 1 mile out to sea to circle a ship, then back again, doing this for 1 hr.  I was told the navigation and overall vehicle response was great.  Consider that the ocean is probably 50F or so, and the sky is -40F so no problems there, the only issue would be going up and down the coast where the left and right may see a bias.  This loop is closed when the navigation error is presented do to the offset.  Of course, this is only true if you fly with the Z sensor :)

AJ