Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Booting to GCS

From: Gautier Hattenberger
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Booting to GCS
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 15:37:32 +0100

Hello,

This is an old perl script that is not used anymore, it's replaced by the paparazzi center. If you want to launch only the GCS use ./sw/ground_segment/cockpit/gcs (the server and the link agents are in ./sw/ground_segment/tmtc). It will work if you correctly set your PAPARAZZI_HOME environment variable.

Gautier

address@hidden a écrit :
Hello Devs,

I'm attempting to get a PC to boot directly to the GCS.
http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/GCS_Configuration

The above page states that the command:

./sw/supervision/paparazzi.pl

can be used to launch the GCS. However when I attempt to launch via this method I receive an error which refers to a file that does not exist. Here is the error:

Can't locate Subject.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /home/patrick/paparazzi3/sw/supervision /home/patrick/paparazzi3/sw/lib/perl /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at /home/patrick/paparazzi3/sw/supervision/Paparazzi/CpGui.pm line 3.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/patrick/paparazzi3/sw/supervision/Paparazzi/CpGui.pm line 3.

Compilation failed in require at ./sw/supervision/paparazzi.pl line 15.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./sw/supervision/paparazzi.pl line 15.

This error occurred on two seperate PCs in my home, one running Ubuntu 8.4 and another Running Ubuntu 8.10. The same error was also was confirmed by another user on the IRC channel on his machine (a mac).

Running the command, egrep -R -i "Subject.pm", showed no returns. I also noticed the paparazzi.pl file has not been modified in almost 3 years.

Have I made a mis-step somewhere along the way? Am I using an out of date command? Can the GCS be run without Paparazzi Center? What would be the best way to automatically launch on boot?

Your work is greatly appreciated. Paparazzi is an incredible tool with depth that amazes me every time I did a little further in. Thank you to anyone who can help me resolve this issue.

Sincerely,

Pat O'Gara
Student: University of Minnesota