[Paparazzi-devel] Coupling of aileron and elevator

From: Aniket C. Aranake
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Coupling of aileron and elevator
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 20:52:17 -0400

Hello all,

I am setting up an airframe with ailerons, twin rudders, and an
elevator. The ailerons and rudders are on single servo channels via Y
cables. I am trying to test that the radio controller is working
properly. I'm seeing the following odd behavior: When I first connect
the paparazzi board, I am able to control the ailerons in both
directions (stick left and stick right). However, the elevator is
somehow coupled to the ailerons such that stick up and stick down have
a greater effect on the control surface when I am stick left and do
not work at all when I am stick right. After playing with the airframe
for a few minutes, stick right stops working altogether. At this
point, I can only use the elevator if I am all the way stick left.
This behavior is repeatable.

Any ideas what might be causing this problem?

Does anybody have a good airframe file that uses rudder, elevator,
ailerons, and a motor with tiny that I can use as starting point?

Thanks,
Aniket