[Paparazzi-devel] IR Sensors on Funjet

From: Gareth Roberts
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] IR Sensors on Funjet
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 22:20:40 +0100

Hello all,

I've trawled the archives but can't find a mention of this problem. I've done the neutrals on the IR sensors of our Funjet (using funjet1.xml as the base, just removed the gyro stuff) and the levels are correctly determined, as is roll and pitch direction. The problem is that using the PFD even if the aircraft is rolled 90 degrees, it only registers 30 degrees at most. This is also the case for the pitch. The control surfaces therefore don't seem to deflect very much in AUTO1. The IR sensor is from PPZUAV and seems to be working fine, as we get a sensible differential across the sensors. We are using a vertical sensor as well, and the aircraft can detect when it is inverted correctly. Any ideas please? We've got our second tuning flight on Wednesday and I'd love to have it ironed out so we can shoot for AUTO2 before Easter.

Cheers!
Gareth R