[Paparazzi-devel] Dropping items on a target

From: Paul Cox
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Dropping items on a target
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 12:36:03 -0700

Has anyone implemented autopilot code that would be useful for dropping an item from the plane onto a waypoint? Some airborne code that would be provided with an item drop velocity (i.e. for objects with a parachute or streamer) and would calculate position to release using derived wind vector and AGL?

If this hasn't been done before and someone is willing to point me to the relevant sections and methodology (where I might add the new code, pertinent variables, editing makefiles, etc) I'll do my best to implement and test something.

Paul