Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Problem of Tiny2.11 board, ADC and LPC2148, needs

From: David Carlson
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Problem of Tiny2.11 board, ADC and LPC2148, needs help
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 18:32:02 +0300

The LPC2148 should get mildly warm after a while. Definitely not hot after a few minutes. Sounds like something is sinking a lot of current. Have you followed the traces and made sure there are no shorts? Are any of your ADCs working?

Just a few ideas to check
Buzz

童磊 wrote:
Hi,everyone!

I got my Tiny2.11 bundle from PPZUAV,unfortunately with three faulty ir_sensors.I found out later it was because they'd been soldered with broken AD8551.I replaced the AD and fixed the sensors. Then I found the ADC_0 was not working at all.When I connected the vertical sensors to IR_V,the message window showed 0 and never changed,but a voltage around 1.625 could be measured from both ADC_0 and pin 1 on LPC2148,changing with temperature.I tried IR_V on ADC_5,with sensors covered in foam and neutral set to 0,the message reading was 484.Then I changed the neutral to 484,but the reading was not 0 but 241,no way to get a 0. When tested with ADC_3,with neutral set to 0 I got -772,but I got around 0 only when neutral was set to 512,couldn't explain why.I tested with ADC_6 and ADC_4 too,got readings about -136 and -768.I have no idea why the result were like this,everything seemed to be OK before they went into LPC2148,but the output were wrong.

I did another test,unpluged everything and checked the readings.The results were:ADC_0,ADC_5,ADC_6----0,with a voltage of 0V;ADC_1,ADC_2,ADC_3.ADC_4-----varied from 50 to 700,with a voltage varied from 0.1V~0.6v.I don't why there were still readings and even voltages on pin when nothing went in.

Another thing,the LPC2148 got somehow hot when running for a few minutes,was that normal?

Needs help with the strange results of the ADC.Since PPZUAV won't ship to China,I can't sent it back for replacement.I have to fixed it myself.

Thanks!

Regards,
TL