Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Paparazzi without R/C transmitter/receiver

From: marcus.wolschon
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Paparazzi without R/C transmitter/receiver
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 13:24:29 +0200

On Tue, 12 May 2009 09:47:34 +0200 (CEST), address@hidden wrote:

> It could be hard to convince the regulations people that RC is a "safety"
> link since we often operate out of RC range (but within datelink range)
>
> --Pascal

Well,

at least over here you may not operate any flying object without a
permission.
There is a general permission for RC-"toys" that meet some criteria
to be used without a special license within some given airspace.
If you have no RC, you are outside this exception and may not
operate your drone at all unless you are willing to spend a few years
and a lot of $$$ on getting that one drone licensed.

Marcus