Re: RE: [Paparazzi-devel] First power-up of Autopilot OK, some questions

From: Martin P
Subject: Re: RE: [Paparazzi-devel] First power-up of Autopilot OK, some questions
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 21:36:33 +0200

Thanks, Cédric and sorry for the RTFM question.

About the coordinator/end-device thing, I found out that this is not necessary
for the XBEE Pro 868. Using the X-CTU I was able to do a loop test by
shortening DO and DI on the remote modem. Then I connected teh modem to the
Tiny.

Did I connect the modem correctly?
TxD (blue)  to DI (pin 3 on the Xbee)
RxD (green) to DO (pin 2 on the Xbee)

For the time being, I stayed with a baudrate of 9600 and added a corresponding
section in the control_panel.xml.
In the Paarazzi center or GCS, how do I see if there is a connection?

On the first try, the GCS worked and the GPS section showed various signal
strength bars grey or red, but did not get a fix.

I stopped the Paparazzi center and started again, but now the GCS does not show
anything. The main section is all black and the lower section of the window is
just white without showing the strips and flightplan/PFD/GPS or anything else.

Greetz, Martin

-------- Original-Nachricht --------