Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Problem using USB joystick+telemetry link as RC re

From: Gautier Hattenberger
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Problem using USB joystick+telemetry link as RC replacement
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 13:11:18 +0200

Hi,

The program main_stick in sw/ground_segment/joystick is not designed for the fixed wing airframes. I'm using it for booz airframes right now. But it is possible to adapt it to airplanes. The library usb_stick.h in sw/ground_segment/joystick is derived from Martin's work. He has already used joystick with a workaround in the flight plan and the file joystick.c you've compiled (that's why it is supposed to work only in auto2). Maybe he can explain how to use it.

Gautier

address@hidden a écrit :
Hi,

is there a chance to use a USB joystick at the groundstation as RC replacement
via the telemetry link?

I experimented a bit with the XML configs, added joystick.c to the airframe configuration and started the main_stick program. main_stick recognizes the USB joystick and sends its positions (debug). How can I view/add this info to the messages window?

How does mapping of the USB joystick axis/buttons to the autopilot variables
roll,pitch etc. work?

Can the USB joystick be used for ´normal` flight? I found only a if (MODE2 and flight plan block joystick active) statement in the code, changing it to if (1) didn`t help to move the rudders with the joystick...

Help please :-)
Best, Rainer