Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Xbee 868 uplink

From: Rui Costa
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Xbee 868 uplink
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 10:16:11 +0000

I have the Aerocomm AC4868 and when I read your e-mails talking about  the duty cycle. I'm sad.

"EUROPEAN REGULATIONS
ETSI requirements as specified in the ETSI EN 300 220-1 define the requirements for the 868-870MHz bands. For a
conducted output of 180mW and radiated outputs up to 500mW, the maximum allowed duty cycle is <10%. This
duty cycle is measured as the amount of TX time on, monitored over one hour and relative to a one hour period. Thus
for the AC4868-250, the maximum “on” time in an hour cannot exceed six minutes."

There is any solution better out there. With this duty cicle my project will not work. I'm designing an UAV for civilian use. I need a data-link solution for Europe. Any ideia? Or I have to gave up of all?

Best regards
Rui Costa